1.08.2010

All Carb Diet

Look at this. Do you see this?

Cinnamon Nut Danish

Spiked Pecan Sticky Buns

Spiked, Pecan...
Sticky, Sticky Buns

Orange Cinnamon Swirl Bread
Swirls of Orange and Cinnamon

Pear, Cherry and Apricot Fruit Cake
Fruity Cake


This is what they call a nice, big eff you! to any kind of resolutions anyone might have had for a slightly leaner 2010. It's also what I've been making at school this week. Apparently, Viennoiserie doesn't just mean "yeast leavened baked goods." It also means "chubby 2010."

Well, you know what? FINE. As long as I keep getting to learn about yeast and proofing and fermentation and crumb and crust, I'm decidedly ok with that. I mean, just look at these.




See that? I made that!

That, dear friends, is what is called a Sally Lunn Bun. Not only is it buttery and chewy and delicious, it has the best name I've ever heard for what is basically a dinner roll. Now I don't know who Sally Lunn is, but I will say this - I like her buns.

I know it doesn't look like it now, but I do have recipes for you - they're coming soon, I promise. For now, check out my brand new, interwebs-savvy twitter page. Olivejuiced tweets!

5 comments:

  1. Sally Lunn has got her some fine ass bunns.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow thats embarrassing. i bet that casels person thought her post would show up as "anonymous"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Who could resist these gorgeous rolls, buns and bread? Bring on the all-carb diet!

    ReplyDelete
  4. beyond incredible.....i want some!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete