2.18.2009

On Things That Are New

Um, hi.

So, uh, I'd like to introduce you to my, um, my blog. You know, like, officially. Olivejuiced, meet readers (ahem, mom and dad), readers, meet olivejuiced.

...Great! Now that all the introductions are out of the way, this is much less awkward.

So, in honor of my new relationship with the interwebs (I blog!), I'd like to discuss some other new things:

1. My future as a culinary student. (Yay!)

Starting June 9th, I become a newly clogged and elastic-panted student at The French Culinary Institute in New York City. (Yaaay!) I imagine there will be a lot of yelling and burning and slicing and sore feet - it will be intense and tiring and delicious. I can't wait.

2. My beautiful, large, inexpensive apartment in New York City.

...Hah. Whatever, I know it's out there somewhere.

3. My silk printed dress from Anthropologie.

It has pockets! And a lovely scoop neck. And pockets!

4. Casey's status as a legal drinker.

Congrats, little Casels! Here are some commemorative photos of the momentous occasion, just for you.




I'd forgotten how much I love Madison - even in February. It smells like lingering smoke, stale beer, cold air and fried food. I've heard that just standing on State Street makes your arteries clog.


But, it was fun. We chomped on beer-boiled brats, Gritty burgers (with Gritty sauce), and fried cheese curds. We slurped fresh ice cream from Babcock, and we drank beer from a boot (toe up). We also jogged around the Capitol, ice-walked on Lake Mendota and did hot yoga. Needless to say, it was quite a trip. And, best of all, I got to see my very favorite Badgers.





At any rate, dear reader(s), it's been an exciting couple of months, and I imagine things will only get more interesting, what with a move to the big apple and freshly pressed chef pants on the horizon. I will do my best to keep you posted.




1 comment: